Urban Referrals is the top locally-owned and operated supplier of qualified project leads for professional construction contractors in the DC Metro area. In business since 2002, we’ve matched thousands of happy homeowners with the right professional contractors for their project. We strive to be the best at what we do – 73% of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals to our service!
Listed below are important characteristics we believe differentiate us from other lead generation companies. If you’re interested in more information about how we can help you grow your business, please complete the contractor application. We’ll be in touch within one business day and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Already know you’d like to join the Urban Referrals network? Complete our Contractor Application today!
Why should your company join the Urban Referrals Contractor Network?
We offer a proven solution to help you find high quality customers that lead to booked business. Our leads help contractors keep their crews busy and grow their business.
How is Urban Referrals different from other referral companies?
- We’re local. You’ll meet us, be able to reach us on the phone, enlist our help when needed and have a partner who understands this market helping you grow your business. We take the time to learn about your business and your sales goals and only send you leads that meet your criteria.
- We offer pre-qualified, warm to hot leads to the companies in our network. We help reduce your administrative time by speaking with each customer to learn the details of their project. We then pass that important information on to you so you’re better informed BEFORE you even contact the customer.
- Our policy is to provide our customers with up to three contractors per project. Not like other lead generation companies that, on average, send 6 – 10 contractor names to each customer.
- We stay involved in the project, at scheduled intervals, until it closes. This increases the level of service to the customer which explains why 73% of our customers have used us before or have referred us to a friend, family member or neighbor!
- Our personalized service makes us unique. We consider ourselves a resource for our customers, making ourselves available for general project questions and helping them understand each stage of a construction process. We think an educated consumer makes a better and easier-to- work-with customer for you!
- We send a feedback request form to the customer after every job and share the results with you. See how you’re doing – use their testimonials! Urban Referrals tracks each contractor’s rating within our system and uses the information to sell your services on future projects.
- Our customer base is loyal and utilizes our service on an average of 3-4 times per year. We’re also active in the community and have a robust sales and marketing plan – bringing in new customers every day.
- We are selective about what companies join our network and have a limited number per trade and geographic area. Contractors who receive low feedback ratings are removed from our network.
- We offer regular opportunities for companies to feature “specials”, through our website, blog, social media, and e-blasts at no additional cost.
- We don’t make money unless our contractors make money! Our fee structure is competitive and with our services, companies see a return on investment immediately!
How do we drive consumers to our website and ultimately your business?
- A polished website focused on SEO (search engine optimization); use of social media (we’re on Facebook & Twitter) and company blog.
- Local partnerships with Realtors, Mortgage Brokers, Insurance Agents, Hardware Stores and Supply Houses.
- Frequently attended networking events and neighborhood association meetings.
- Ongoing communication with our customer base. We stay in front of them so they think of us first when they have a repair need or home improvement project.
How does a company become a part of Urban Referrals contractor network?
To start, we ask each contractor to complete our Contractor Application form. From there, our vetting process includes gathering copies of the following documents and information from each contractor:
- Valid License(s) (as required by law)
- Certificate of Insurance, Liability and Workers Comp
- Six customer references for projects completed within the last 12 months.
We also meet with each new contractor in person to discuss your business’ goals and areas of expertise so we can help you work towards meeting (and exceeding!) them.
Additional benefits to being a part of the Urban Referrals network:
- Access to space on the homepage of the Urban Referrals website to feature a special sponsored by your business.
- Discounted rate on permit expediting services provided by Urban Referrals (currently only offered for DC permits).
- 10% discount on purchases made at “A Few Cool Hardware Stores” – six local Ace Hardware Stores – when opening a business account.
- Free tracking of your licensure and insurance – we’ll remind you when it’s about to expire so you’ll never need to worry about a lapse in coverage!