Get Referrals to Professional Contractors For FREE!
2630 12th St NE Washington DC 20018
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The person or persons providing information (hereinafter, “the Homeowner” or “the User” or “you”) to Urban Referrals (hereinafter, “Urban Referrals”) via this website hereby agrees to be bound by the following terms of service.
1. REPRESENTATIONS AND RELATED MATTERS: You understand and acknowledge that Urban Referrals is a referral service and will refer contractors who have been screened, consistent with Urban Referral’s criteria, to be considered by you to accomplish a job that you described to a representative of Urban Referrals. Any arrangements made, or contracts negotiated, are strictly between the contractor and you. You understand that the contractors referred are independent of Urban Referrals. Urban Referrals has not made any representation to you as to the work to be performed or the nature or quality of the work to be accomplished. You agree to satisfy yourself that the contractor meets the standards of work you require. You hereby hold Urban Referrals harmless from any defect in workmanship, default, damage, injury or expense arising out of the work performed by a contractor referred by Urban Referrals and hired by you. The Homeowner shall defend and indemnify Urban Referrals, its agents, employees, and members, for any and all liabilities, claims, and/or expenses of any kind whatsoever arising from Urban Referrals referral of contractors or others to the Homeowner.
2. ELIGIBLE USER: By accepting these terms, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older, are capable of entering into a binding contract, and that you will accurately complete any user information submitted to us.
3. GENERAL DISCLAIMER: In using Urban Referrals’ service, you acknowledge that Urban Referrals is not acting as your general contractor, agent, or advisor. Therefore, it is your sole responsibility to select a contractor and to negotiate the terms for any work performed.
4. CHANGES TO SERVICE OR TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT: Urban Referrals may from time to time without notice, change, add, or remove certain features of our service or change the terms of this Agreement.
5. LIABILITY RELEASE: In the event that you have a dispute with one or more contractors referred by Urban Referrals, you release Urban Referrals (and our agents and employees) from any and all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
6. TERMINATION: Urban Referrals reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate this Agreement in its sole discretion. Sections 1 and 5 will remain in effect notwithstanding the termination of your account or this Agreement.
7. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the District of Columbia, except to the extent preempted by federal law, and shall be binding upon, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the Parties and their respective successors, assigns, heirs, agents, and representatives. Any and all disputes between the Parties concerning this Agreement shall be brought in a court located within the District of Columbia.
8. MERGER: This Agreement contains the entire understanding of the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and there are no other agreements or understandings between the Parties, except as expressly set forth herein. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written instrument duly-executed by each of the Parties prior to the effective date of any such amendment or modification.
9. ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS: Should either party seek to enforce this Agreement and prevail in whole or in part, such prevailing party shall be entitled to his, her, or its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred therein from the other party.