Posted by Sarah | Posted in News | Posted on 04-12-2012
12/4/2012 – Tips straight from Urban Referral’s top landscaper!
Looks like Old Man Winter is going to stay away for at least the next 10 days so it’s not too late! Set your yard and garden up for a healthy and fruitful spring by taking care of these to-do tasks today:
- Install Spring Bulbs- Crocus, Daffodils, Hyacinth, Tulips, etc.
- Mulch all flower beds to protect shrubs and plant.
- Remove soil from outdoor containers so containers do not break over the winter months.
- Remove leaves (or mulch in place) and fallen debris from lawn areas.
- Fertilize all shrubs and ornamental trees.
- Prune back all perennial plants.
- Water garden beds with a good soaking before hose removal.
- Turn off inside shutoff valve for outside spigots. Open spigot to water to drain out of pipe.
- Bring garden hoses inside if possible.
- Drain outdoor power machines (mowers) of gasoline.
If you’d like help with any of the above items or would like to start planning for a gorgeous garden in the spring, let us know and we can send professional, qualified contractors your way!
Posted by Sarah | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on 16-04-2012
Anyone who has lived through the dust from home remodeling can tell you that without the proper planning, your ideas for a dream home can turn into a nightmare. Approaching any home improvement project with an understanding of what you want, what is possible and the value it will add to your property will help you make the best educated decisions at each step in the process.
Every year, Remodeling Magazine produces a Cost vs. Value Report which analyzes the average cost of the 35 most popular remodeling projects and the potential value added to a home. The information is broken down by region (DC, MD & VA fall within the South Atlantic Region) so the figures are applicable to our area.
Within your research for renovating, remodeling or adding-on to your home take a look at the average cost of your project type and the return on investment (ROI) you’re likely to see if ever selling your home. If you have questions along the way, give us a call – we’re always happy to help! And when the time comes to pursue your dream project we’ll be here ready to assist you with finding the best contractor for the job.
Posted by Sarah | Posted in News, Uncategorized | Posted on 14-04-2012
Here you have it – our very first blog post. John and I have been busy learning the nuances of the business since taking over this past October. We’re excited to use this platform to bring you useful information about home remodeling and repairs; DIY tips and tricks and industry related news. Our goal is to be your trusted resource for helpful home improvement information and maybe, just maybe, make you smile every now and then. We welcome your ideas and feedback so don’t be shy. Give us a call or send us an e-mail to let us know what you want more information about. Now let’s get down to business…