12/4/2012 – Tips straight from Urban Referral’s top landscaper!
Looks like Old Man Winter is going to stay away for at least the next 10 days so it’s not too late! Set your yard and garden up for a healthy and fruitful spring by taking care of these to-do tasks today:
- Install Spring Bulbs- Crocus, Daffodils, Hyacinth, Tulips, etc.
- Mulch all flower beds to protect shrubs and plant.
- Remove soil from outdoor containers so containers do not break over the winter months.
- Remove leaves (or mulch in place) and fallen debris from lawn areas.
- Fertilize all shrubs and ornamental trees.
- Prune back all perennial plants.
- Water garden beds with a good soaking before hose removal.
- Turn off inside shutoff valve for outside spigots. Open spigot to water to drain out of pipe.
- Bring garden hoses inside if possible.
- Drain outdoor power machines (mowers) of gasoline.
If you’d like help with any of the above items or would like to start planning for a gorgeous garden in the spring, let us know and we can send professional, qualified contractors your way!